Memory Leak?

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:37 AM
It seems that the SQL Provider stuff that you guys have modified works great, but the one problem I have been noticing is that the memory that the server uses with this app never gets free'd.

I can restart my service and watch it drop (no other appliation on my server uses sql) and then when I run it and browse a few pages (even some photo ones) I can watch it jump up to 250 mb of memory. Then when I shut down the website and everything, while keeping the sql service up I notice that the memory stays at 250 mb when it should not.

I do not notice this behavior with the regular BlogEngine code base. I will try to be more specific with it when I get a chance to profile it, but I thought I would give you guys a heads up on that.

I can provide graphs or whatever else you need, since my host is a server that is not shared etc, it's just used for my personal endeavors.
Jan 7, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Sorry for the double post.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2008 at 3:56 AM
That SQL Server will not release memory when there is plenty of memory available. It will prefer to keep (cache) as much in memory as possible and for as long as possible. In addition, the .NET will do the same especially when the photo gallery is viewed. It will keep them in cache until available memory runs out. This is normal behavior.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Ok, thank you for the information. It does look like it is behaving now, some odd reason it wasn't before.